Monday, October 21, 2013

Avocado Life Hack

I want to start every new post with, "I fucking love [whatever the main ingredient is]" because I do. I love food and I really love food that tastes good and is good for you.

I fucking love avocados. I eat a cup of guacamole about 4 times a week. There is MUCH more you can do with avocados than put it on sandwiches or turn it into guac, though.


 You see that giant hole left in the center of the avocado? That is no coincidence. It was meant to be filled with stuff. Avocados are awesome vehicles for other awesome food and you are a vessel of crap that needs to utilize this information.
 ingredients:
1/2 avocado
1 pit worth of soy sauce
I used to eat this ALL the time because it's so brainlessly delicious. How the fuck did I figure this one out? I used to eat sushi pretty often, but I SO rarely eat fish, that I will just get avocado and sweet potato rolls, BUT they aren't super filling and one night I wanted MORE. So I grabbed an avocado, used the rest of the ginger and wasabi, and filled this bad boy with some soy sauce.
 ingredients:
1/2 avocado
1 pit worth of agave
juice of a wedge of lime
salt 
I don't really care what everyone thinks about sweeteners. None of them should be used in large quantities, but if it's straight from a plant or tree, then I'm down with it. I think I stole this from someone, but who cares?

The possibilities are endless with what you can put in an avocado. Check this shit out:

That is my fall salsa in the avocado that had agave in it. It was AMAZING.

At this point, at least one person is thinking, "But avocados are, like, all fat, right?" SHUT... THE... FUCK... UP! That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever... who gives... I mean, it grew on a tree. I'm not telling you to eat 5 a day. They ARE all fat, but it's SO NATURAL. If you are still eating poor baby animals and cake everyday, then maybe this post isn't for you, but if not, then go grab an avocado, smother it in stuff, and shove it in your face.

Also, I'm awake super late every night. Chopping veggies and cooking them can be quite loud and I have a beautiful angel of a fiancee trying to sleep. Avocados are so buttery ass smooth that they will take you out for a night on the town and have there way with your mouth without ever saying a word. Some of you might not understand that. I'm saying they don't make a noise when you cut them, so the only person in your life who matters wont be disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment